Monday, October 16, 2017

Mid Semester at St. Norbert College

Mid Semester at St. Norbert College
EDUARDO PADRINO

A quarter of my freshman year at St. Norbert College is gone and I may be having symptoms of early senioritis already. Moving to another country for college is quite a tough step to take, but in the end, it is not as bad as it seems. In fact, once I started getting comfortable, a little bit of laziness started kicking in. My best example is how I do not eat breakfast on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in exchange for 30 minutes of extra sleep before my early class and the unavoidable dose of procrastination that comes alongside school. However, despite being slightly lazy, this mid-semester has turned out better than I could have imagined.

First of all, people in this place are great. From my teachers to my dorm friends, everyone I have met in this place is very kind and friendly and have made it very easy for me to adapt to this new environment. On top of that, my classes have been going smoothly so far. Other than a regular amount of homework to do every week (an ocassional ton of it once in a while), I still manage to get everything done and get good grades in all my classes.

I believe I have said this countless times, but the only downside of my mid-semester is the upcoming winter. Snow and I have a love-hate relationship. I have never seen it before which makes me slightly excited, but I grew up in sunny tropical weather and I am not very good at handling cold. So while thinking about ways of surviving a temperature of around 7°F (or -13.9°C if you do not come from the United States) I have already found a route from all the buildings on campus back to my dorm that would allow me to endure ridiculously low temperatures a little better.

The best way to describe my mid-semester at St. Norbert College is that it has been an adventure, a thrilling, scary, yet exciting collection of past experiences and new ones to come by in the rest of my time here.





3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing and congratulation. You have had good experience in your life and good results in your study. Even though the weather in winter is cold, you will like it because of its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for your sharing. I see that you are a good student and I believe you will get better on your studying progress. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Eduardo, for sharing your experiences and observations from your first semester at SNC. Keep working hard (don't be lazy); make sure that you do eat breakfast every day. And be ready for winter. It'll all be good. Be strong and never ever give up!

    ReplyDelete