Sunday, December 10, 2017


My Dream Coming True

“If you never have a dream, you’ll never have a dream come true.” (popular saying) Since I was little I have always dreamed of playing hockey at the best level I could and become the best person I can be. I have always wanted to skate, it was something that I was crying for. When I was three years old, my mom and my dad took me to hockey games and my brother and my twin sister were playing too. So I decided to try and to see what it is like. I fell in love with it the first day I put my foot on the ice. I felt so free and felt like I could express myself without anyone judging or talking. That day, hockey became my dream. It became something that I wanted to play everyday and that I wanted to do something with it career wise, and not just play. Hockey really became a part of me, it is who I am. And it is helping me in, taking my anger and my sadness out.
My first hockey team was Les Ours De Villard De Lans in my home town, this mean a lot to me. I also play for the French National Team, which is really fun, but hard. My dream became true when I played for the French team for the first time at the World championship. After that, my dream began to built up, my twin sister and I got called from a high school in Vermont to play for them with a full scholarship. As a result, my dream got bigger, I wanted to play college hockey and this was something I worked everyday and gave my best for it.  After three years in high school, I received a call from St.Norbert College, they had told me, they wanted me to come play for them. I was so happy, I could not believe that my dream was about to become true. I called my parents and everyone I knew and they told me this was awesome and that I should jump in. They also told me that my dream was almost realized. I thought a lot about it. Then I took the risk and went for it, because it was my dream to play college hockey since I was three years old. I thought it would never become true because it was a really big dream that I gave myself, and only very few people are able to accomplish this.  
Now I am here. It’s been around 4 month that I have been at St.Norbert College and I am really glad I took the chance. First because I am happy here and I get to study what I want. And because I am in the Women’s hockey team and it was my dream, it was all I could ask for. I have never been happier before coming here and playing for the SNC women’s hockey team, because I feel like I am where I am supposed to be and with the people I am supposed to be with. They became my family and I am growing as a person because of them and for them. Family and friends have alway told me to set myself a dream and to work hard for it because, one day no matter what, it will become true and it will pay back for all the blood, sweat, and tears given. I did not believe it at first, but now I believe that everyone should have a dream even a little one. Because one day it will come true. One day my coach told me that “ Some people want it to happen and some people make it happen”. And I made it happen and my dream became true, and this is who I am today.




1 comment: