Tuesday, December 12, 2017

“If you never have a dream, you’ll never have a dream come true”
            Dream may be considered as an initial part of real success, as saying “if you never have a dream, you’ll never have a dream come true”. My past semester at St. Norbert college gives me this experience by leading my dream to come true in overcoming fear of writing and reaching research paper.
Reminding research paper has ever made me fear in the past. Every time I received my graded essay, I was a little ashamed and blamed myself when I saw lots of red ink corrections in it. English writing is different from the way I write in my mother language. Reaching research paper seemed to be far from my ability at that time. This took me a long time until the beginning of the semester.
            My dream was inspired by one of the sisters in the convent where I am living. I would study at a porch of the convent where one of the sisters who usually passed through. She asked me about my study. I always complaint about my weak writing skill. She replied repeatedly softly, “It’s coming soon”. Her words made me wake up. I realized that “Why don’t I deal the problem instead of constantly complaining?” Therefore, I have had a plan for my own writing skill. My learning did not stop with the role to complete my homework, it went further with the active motivation of my desire.
            During the semester, I was on the way to my dream due to step-by-step instructions. I was gradually learning and discovering what a research paper is with many steps in the progress of building a research paper such as paraphrase, citation, cohesion and process to write each parts of a paper. Moreover, I knew how to research a paper and focus on reading as well as collect necessary information. In addition, the teachers’ instruction, encouragement and evaluation aided me to have motivation for my plan.
            Finally, I overcame my graphophobia and got familiar with research paper that is a basic requirement for my future study. In retrospect, although I have not reach an impeccable paper, I put my footprint on the way and attained partly my purpose. I believe that any dream only comes true when it is formed and named.

            When the semester coming to an end means my time for study at St. Norbert College also finish. The moment I studied at the college is the first impressive experience of my life in the United States. I really appreciate all enthusiasm from the teachers who gave me assistance in both academic knowledge and background of the country’s culture. They all helped some of my dream on the way to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment