Sunday, May 7, 2017

Personal Narrative Essay



There is a popular saying that is “If you never have a dream, you’ll never have a dream come true”.  My dream started three years ago while watching a show called Life in the ER. It was a show about doctors and nurses who work desperately to save people who were very sick. This is what inspired me to pursue a career as nurse and come to college at Saint Norbert college. I plan on getting a Bachelor Degree of Nursing by starting off at Saint Norbert, then finishing my major at Bellin Nursing college. After that, I might go to med school and try to become a trauma doctor or orthopedic surgeon. The dream continued throughout this semester at Saint Norbert while I took a four more classes.
The four classes I took at Saint Norbert were Mass Media, Anatomy, IDIS, and Human and Lifespans development. These classes have tested my abilities unlike any other. The psych course “Human and Lifespans development” and biology course “Anatomy” have really tested my ability to remember new information quickly. Both of these courses has a smaller amount of homework but require an extensive amount of studying time. These classes alone would have been enough to keep me busy the whole semester but with IDIS and Mass Communication’s as well, my semester has been very long and stressful. Most weekends are composed of school work and studying for an example the next week.
My teachers this semester have been fantastic. My psych professor wrote me a letter a recommendation for the Bellin Nursing college which helped me to be accepted. Anatomy class has been a struggle for me. It’s hard for me to keep up with a class that is moving so fast. We had to learn four units worth of information in one week. My teacher saw I was struggling and told me to visit her in her office hours every couple days for a personal tutoring session to make sure I am understanding the information. All in all my professors in my 4 classes have been awesome in helping me to keep pushing through these hard times and continue my focus on getting that degree.
People that are unwilling to work hard for their dreams are the weakest of people in my opinion. My grandfather once told me “Their is nothing you should be more proud of than a hard day’s work”. I think that is why I have put in so much effort at the end of the semester this year to improve my grades and continue to push towards my dream. I often hear stories of kids that decided not to go to college and now either work construction or factory work and hate their jobs. For us as college students to work so hard now, makes our lives in the future very bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment