Monday, May 8, 2017

Personal Narrative Essay

Personal Narrative Essay
I never believed in fate and always had a firm belief that the fate is favorable to one who dares to work towards it. This belief got stronger when I read the popular saying in my school, that “If you never have a dream, you’ll never have a dream come true.” I always agreed that people who work towards their goal are the ones who truly deserve it. I was always interested in going for the geology or oil and gas lines. Most of my cousins are geologists, mud logging, and oil field men and this is the reason that I chose the geology line and landed myself in Saint Norbert College. However, coming from the Middle East, English was the only genre where I needed to work hard. Thus, I enrolled myself for the college writing course, to hone my English writing skills, as English is a crucial language in the professional world of geology.
I was little sceptical in the beginning regarding my ability to grasp this subject and to be able to find success. But I am very grateful to my professor, Jana Dettlaff, who helped me to see the subject from a different perspective. It was because of her guidance and support that I was able to accomplish my dream of learning this English art of writing. She guided us through the course and was always ready to give suggestion and valuable guidance to achieve success in this journey. With her this course became a fun experience and started enjoying the writing process.
I learned many valuable tips of writing, which earlier I was not aware about. Previously, I would be casual about my writing and didn’t have the knack of turning in a professional paper. For example, I never knew the importance of writing a thesis. Further, the right way to collaborate a topic sentence, was a new skill to me. All this are the concept which I was able to learn in this course and developed the professional writing skill in this semester. I am sure these will be of immense help in my future writing projects.

Now that I am on the verge of finishing this semester, I see myself well acquainted with the process of professional writing. I have learned the way to brain storm ideas about writing a piece and the way to make it a success with the help of editing and proof reading. However, these learning process would not have been possible if I would not have made courage to come to US, and get admittance in this English course at Saint Norbert College. Going by my experience, I would say the only hitch between a desire and accomplishing the same is dreaming big about it. When we dream about our goals, we set a course of path through which we accomplish our goals. If one doesn’t dream with a conscious mind, he or she will reach nowhere around the same. Hence, dreaming big in the first place is the first step towards accomplishing one’s goal in life. 
                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment