Sunday, May 7, 2017

Personal Narrative Essay
This semester was my first semester at the Saint Norbert College. When my dream was to be a biologist, I never thought I have to come to US and study biology in English. But I learn the lesson when I was studying at Soongsil University which is my previous college. I learn that I have to go to the US so I can learn the science better. This semester is little hard for me because it was difficult to write the paper.
In this semester I take three classes which are psychology, IDIS, Calculus. I choose three classes because I want to see the different between Korean class and US class. Calculus class was not difficult for me because I learned the concept already in Korea. But the IDIS and psychology were really challenging to me because I never write an essay before. So the two class make me busy in all day. But I learn a lot of skills and information through this classes.
This semester I meet a wonderful teacher. My calculus professor helps me to improve my math skills. He also helps me to write an essay about math problem which is the most difficult assignment for me. My psychology professor helps me lots to improve my scores. In the psychology class, there was much paper to write. It was hard because the paper was not the type that I learned before. But she helped me to finish the paper and give many comments. My IDIS professor also helps me to make a good grade in class. She helps with all kind of trouble when I’m living in the US.

There is the famous quote by Willa Cather. It says, “There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in the storm.” My first semester was in the storm because it was my first time in Saint Norbert College. Everything was new for me and I need time to acclimate the environment. But I learn many things like how to overcome the obstacle when you can not communicate with other.

No comments:

Post a Comment