Monday, May 8, 2017

Success is 99 percent perspiration and 1 percent inspiration

                  when students go to college there is an inspiration within them, inspiration to be successful in whatever major they decide to pursue in their scholar life. I can say I'm one of those students with a lot of inspiration. Being inspired isn't a terrible thing at all, in fact, it’s important in life but knowing how to precede what inspires us is the most important thing to find. I think the man with more than 1000 inventions had it all figured out. I'm talking about the man's quote I chose to write my first-semester experience at saint Norbert college. Thomas Alva Edison is his full name, and he invented the light bulb. He said and I quote "success is 99 percent perspiration and 1 percent inspiration". After reading this quote, questions like what does it mean and how could this relate to my semester stay at this college have been provoking for me.
                    As a new student, I was filled with inspiration to do my best and have a good grade in all my classes. The 1 percent was already there but I didn’t think deep enough how to execute my plans to succeed and according to Edison perspiration is the 99 percent, which I didn’t realize until my full semester stay at SNC thought me the lesson the hard way. I took four classes this semester and my college writing class was one of them. It’s a writing class so I planning to do well in the class but one thing I didn’t realized was it would take me a lot of reading and writing plenty papers to be a good writer. At first I was thinking it was extra load and wouldn’t help me that much so I had less interest in the class. The online vocabulary assignments and the snoodle homework’s proved my point for myself and saw them as extra loads. I had the inspiration but I was lacking the perspiration.
                     But as I forced myself to read the book and listen to the lectures attentively to understand what it means to write a good paper I was really surprised by how much I didn’t know even thou I considered myself a good writer. My perspiration started there by knowing there is always a room for improvement and the moment we stop thinking what we have is the limit is the moment we can understand we can do better that was my perspiration moment and turning point for how I perceive success. The class I thought was least important thought me the most important lesson for my academic goal and the lesson was you can always improve if you don’t limit yourself self to what you know now. My first semester experience thought me a valuable lesson for life and I’m happy I’m wiser today than yesterday. I just want to summarize my narration by one of my favorite quotes from Winston Churchill “You should go to your room every day at nine o’ clock … and say to yourself, ‘I am going to sit here for four hours and write!’ … if you sit waiting for inspiration, you will sit there till you are an old man.” I believe everyone should understand this and work smarter not to end up being the old man in his room. Thank you for reading this.


                 

No comments:

Post a Comment