Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Writing in English is a series of trial and error with  quite long process. It is not something that could be done overnight. Not to mention the several methods of writing a  paper. One method is firstly, planing the writing. Thinking of the main ideas and its fundamental support points should always be the first thing to do when it comes to writing. Then comes the  first draft of that particular writing.There is always a room to improve ones writing, by revising the draft to make it better through organizing and rethinking ideas with their support, and acknowledging the audience who are going to read the paper. Next is editing any  grammar, punctuation, spelling, formatting and citation mistakes. Seeing the peace of writing from a different perspective opens the writer to more ideas and counter points  by giving the draft for instance to a different person who will read and check it and see what could be improved. Our writing center is a great example for this.  With these steps, your final draft should be ready to be published and hopefully it will be a great paper.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Khalid, for your thoughts! I especially like your emphasis o n the reader/audience. Best of luck as you write for academic purposes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khalid
    Thanks for you share your idea about writing in english. It is very useful for me, especially the preparation before writing. You said vey clear and make me know how i do before writing essay, and increase my efficient for writing essay!
    Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Khalid,
    I believe that you mention some really important and useful tips. Even though you have written a paper many times and might think you know the process I think that it is important to remind yourself. Acknowledging the audiance for example, is something that I know I miss many times when writing a paper. These are important steps that can affect the whole text. I will also try to go to the writing center more often, since I agree with that it really helps to get another persons perspective and opinions. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Khaled.
    I agree with you that writing is not easy as people think. First, you must prepare ideas and examples to support your writing and this thing it's not easy. For me, I do sort my thoughts first and then choose the suitable examples and then express in writing. This method makes writing easy for me. I would advise students, especially international students following these steps to make writing easier for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Khalid,
    I could not agree more with your points. Writing papers is something many students still taking it as something very hard. I found very helpful you saying that it is a process that can't be done overnight. It is important to prepare yourself easily. Thanks for reminding us this useful tips and also for summarizing this large and complex process that we, the students, will have to deal all our college period.

    ReplyDelete