Monday, November 14, 2016

Being persuasive in English

Persuasion is used in languages, cultures, and in work fields mostly, specially in business. It is an essential skill in order to achieve success in any matter of life. And  since languages are different, persuasion methods are often different too in those languages. In the English language, in order to persuade someone or an audience, ones must be aware of there communication skills. Using gestures for example is a great way to attract the audience to the presenter. Moreover, the motivation to persuade is a huge aspect of it, ones cannot persuade anyone with the lack of it. However, most people mistake manipulation with persuasion, they are not the same thing, being truthful is in persuasion where it is not in manipulation. Also using evidence in western cultures to persuade is a very common thing. It is what makes you credible and believable.  It is used in speeches, articles, and work fields. And finally, the most important aspect of persuasion is confidence. It is what makes people take you seriously when you speak to them. With these tips, you will be an  incredible persuader!

7 comments:

  1. Great insights, Khalid! I like the emphasis on evidence (and research). Remember that for writing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Khalid. Thank you for sharing wonderful tips! Personally, Japanese people tend not to use while we are speaking and being shy. In order to be persuasive, I would like to be careful to use gestures and be more confident. These techniques will definitely help me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Khalid,
    I really like your writing! It is very helpful to have a conversation or negotiation. I agree with you that confidence is the most important trait of persuasion. Yes, it is true to make people believe me and depend on me! I think doing presentation with material let this thing occur well. PPT or gestures are nonverbal methods to persuade others.
    Thank you for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, khalid. Thank you introduce to me the idea of persuasion.
    Your article is very helpful for me! Now i know persuasion is different from manipulation. I have studied that all the successful people have in common is persuasion. Being persuasive is very important for us to be successful!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Khalid,
    I find your post very interesting and I will definitely think of some of your tips next time I am in a situation where I want to persuade someone. The most difficult thing for me is like you also mention, confident. Often, I do not feel comfortable when talking in front of a lot of people, like speeches for example. I will definetly try to work on this and try to improve my persuade skills, since I agree with that people that are good at this seem much more trustworthy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Khalid.
    I agree with you that the methods of persuasion important things in all cultures, but it varies from culture to culture. Use communication skills to persuade others is really difficult, but a person who uses communication skills well will achieve great success in his life. Also, as you said, confidence is the most important aspect of persuasion. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and share this wonderful subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Khalid,
    I think you get to the point with this post. A person who is very persuasive, is a person who can get everything. In the social aspect, being persuasive is a key point because it makes you get involved with the people easily. In the work or academic area, it is helpful to do a good cooperation and at the same time get along with partners. Thanks for sharing this and make us remind how important is this topic.

    ReplyDelete