Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Ways to improve my English:


Easy English

For many people I know, one of their principal goals of personal self-improvement is to learn English. Make the first step to do it is not easy, and neither is maintaining consistency in the classes. And as if this were not bad enough, the sensation of an inexistent progress after assisting to classes for some time, makes this process harder. All of this sounds a little discouraging and even that is not my intention, it is important to know that learning correctly a language requires time and effort. Fortunately, not everything is bad as it looked; with a bit of desire and creativity, no matter what English level are we, we will always be able to convert the “difficult and tedious” into a funny and pleasant experience. Some ways to improve your English are watching movies and listening to music in that language, and talking to Siri (or any other voice recognition software).
Watching movies at home is one of the most entertaining and educational activities. Today, thanks to the technological developments, it is possible to put to them subtitles and even change their language. To improve your English, disable the subtitles and leave the movie in its main language can be a good advice. Recognize words and associate them with visual actions such as images, audio, expressions, corporal language, etc. will help you to give them a meaning and at the same time increase your vocabulary.
Singing is one of the natural abilities human beings have. How good or bad we do it is only subjective, but how it can help you in your English is something undoubted. To improve your English, singing can be a good advice. Choose any song you like and learn its lyrics, write down all the words you don’t understand and find their meaning. Sing the song while reading those lyrics will help you in your pronunciation and listening. Another benefit this gives is to learn a modern language (slangs) that can help you to communicate with your friends in a more actual way.

Almost all devices have their voice recognition software, these are also getting better with the pass of time. To improve your English, practice talking with them can be a good advice. You can tell them everything: simple and complex phrases, new vocabulary, expressions, etc. The pronunciation, the voice inflections, and your voice intention are important for them to understand and you. This can be a good solution for people who want to practice new vocabulary and prefers to avoid the fear of saying it bad and the awkwardness.
As it is possible to see, learning English is not always based on books and essays. It can be also something you can do for fun. I hope all these tips were helpful for you. Keep in mind that practice is the only requirement to make them work.

it's easy
if you try.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Cesar, for your thoughts on how to incorporate modern technology and opportunities into learning English. How can you use these to learn written English?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cesar,
    I read your essay interestingly. Your viewpoint to learn English as a second language is very practical and useful. So I like it! It is hard to keep studying consistently. I also started learning English since I was 6 years old. But the education system in my country made me hate English, so I was getting alienated from it. haha. If I knew the ways that you suggested at that time, I would have studied harder. However, it isn't late at all. Also, I really love that I can meet different people in the USA.
    And finally, I would recommend the drama to all. 'Sherlock' is the best English drama in my life! It is so fun. So please keep it in mind~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cesar,
    I have learned many ways that improve my english from your article. Thanks for you share us. When i was start english in my primary school, my english teacher is very strict, when i got mistake she will punish me to write a lot of times the whole homework. This action make me hate the english until i have heard the english songs and movies. Some of english songs make me goofy, i want to singing english songs. So that i began to study english hard. And Choose any song you like and learn its lyrics, write down all the words you don’t understand and find their meaning. Sing the song when your are writing . These are very good way to improve english! And make english more easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cesar,
    I agree with you learning a new language is not easy but there is also nothing impossible. The ways in which you mentioned in your article are really good ways to learn the language of the judgment of my experience. For me, I faced challenges and difficulties, in the beginning, but with watching movies, reading and listening to music improve my English dramatically. I would advise those who want to learn a new language to follow these helpful steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post. I always read your blog.. So lovely!!! Kindly visit us @ Moto Service Center in Chennai

    ReplyDelete