Monday, February 27, 2017


The Best Ways to Improve My English

In 2014, when I came to United States I spent a lot of time in this country because I needed to complete my education in English. I like this country because it supported me for study and I can make very good friends in it, especially in Wisconsin. When my brother studied at St. Norbert College, he sent my papers to the ELS Institute to start studying at St. Norbert College. However, when I came to this college I learned English very well and many more things other than the English language. I learned how people respect each other and each other’s time. However, the most important thing I learned here at St. Norbert College, was about religion and culture. There were many things I learned that were different than my religion and culture. However, right now I will be talking about my English, and the best ways to improve my English.



           



First, when I need to prepare for a grammar quiz, I should read the rules of whatever grammar I need to study, then I should do some exercises, and do more than one, to understand the rules of grammar. Another thing I do when I need to prepare for a grammar quiz is I speak to a native speaker who has a very nice accent and I can practice with them if I want to get better and improve my grammar.


Second, when I write an essay I should review my essay with someone who has experience writing. When I write an essay for writing class or any other class I should review the grammar, hook, quote, thesis, bodies and conclusion. However, when I need to review all of these I should go to the writing center or review it with my teachers or with someone who speaks English fluently.
                            

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Abdulquddus, for your ideas! Indeed, practice, practice, and more practice makes perfect! All the best to you as you continue your studies here at SNC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Abdulquddus. It is hard to learn another language because of the grammar. I also have the problem with grammar. So I try to find the way to improve my grammar skills. I always think how to check the grammar when I turn in my paper. Sometimes I use writing center and other times I check some websites that check the grammar for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Abdulquddus, thank for this amazing blog. I wanted to say the same I wrote for Khalid, for me the best way is to practice speaking it more that will make you get comfortable with language. also listing to music and see movies. that helps me a lot since when I was a kid, give you a the words that you need in daily life. therefore, for writing an essay you should learn the basic things like you mentioned in you blog and practice writing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abdulquddus, it really interesting to learn this information from you. I like when you said you review your writing with who has experience and one of them is the writing center it is very important since English is our second language we need to check our work with someone who has experience. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Abdulquddus, I hope everything is still going well for you in the US. Wisconsin is know for having a very polite and nice population to people that aren't from here. I think a big thing that you guys can use to improve your english is to listen to english speakers and try to talk like us. I know that is how I was able to pick up on Spanish in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete