Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Similarities and differences between writing essays in English and Arabic.







    First, there is no similarity between writing in Arabic and English, but there are several differences, and the first difference is the grammar. Grammar in the Arabic language is very complicated. For example, the adjective in Arabic comes after the noun unlike, the English language the adjective comes before the noun such as beautiful girl or cold weather.

    The second difference is the order of the essay in the Arabic language. There are no particular strategies the essay like, in English. For example, the essay should include five paragraphs introduction and bodies and conclusion.

    The third difference is the attention to detail and examples in the English language either in Arabic, the exact details are not compulsory, for instance, in the English language, you must explain your details very well and give examples to support your writing.

    In the end, I think that every language has a different way of writing an essay, but there are difficult languages in writing, and there are easy languages, and I think that the Arabic language is difficult languages in writing.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Talal, for your insights. I think the biggest difficulty would be in understanding and applying the rules in different languages (no matter what the language is).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I can imagine how difficult Arabic language would be, considering the many things I see in the Koran that looks like diagram. Little did I know that those doodle-like sketching were actually letters. I really admire those who speak and write Arabic language.Kudos Talal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Talal, it is a great blog. totally agree with you. the biggest different is Arabic writing is begin from right to left. the opposed way from English, and the grammar in Arabic is much harder. but still writing in Arabic is easier from me. however, I feel writing in English is smoother than Arabic. thank you again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Talal. I cannot imagine how hard it is for you to write In English since you said there are no similarities between writing in English and writing in Arabic. I believe that, you are a very smart person in order for you to change from writing in Arabic to writing in English. The biggest challenge for most international students that English isn’t their first language, would actually be, learning how to speak English. I don’t think there is any easy language in this world. Thank you for your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Talal, it was very very good blog and thank you for sharing that, and I agree with because I am from Saudi Arabia and I know the biggest different between here in the United States and Saudi Arabia, because in Saudi Arabia we are writing from right to left and U.S from left to right, and also the APA, MLA, we do not have like that in our country. Thank you for sharing that and I like it.

    ReplyDelete