Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Fall semester

Fall semester is finished, this has come with many difficulties, memories and good experiences.
From August through December of this year I have learned a lot about my self, how to improve my abilities, make a schedule and more.
At the beginning it was a little difficult coming from another country, culture, speak another language, and do not have any friend. When classes begin I focus in having a social life in the first couples of weeks, then study hard and finally get a job in Saint Norbert College. Although I have been really busy the last month, I can recommend do this with a schedule that will help you. In addition to this, like all my mentors from SNC 101, SNC leaders and friends from Senior year is the use of Google calendar, you will never miss any appointment and the stress of forgetting doing something will disappear.
This was my first fall in the America, looking how the leaves change color, fall, and how the weather was extraordinary I never saw that before, in December looking how the snow started was something that at the beginning terrified me “It’s going to be cold” my friends started saying, I never saw snow before coming America for being the first time it was awesome although we needed to wear a lot of clothe.
This semester the popular saying that will reflect me is “If you never have a dream, you’ll never have a dream come true.” When I was in high school during my last year even though I knew I will come to the United States to start a new life I never though how gratifying it will be, I noticed I can make friend easily and adapt to another environments, that if you make a time for everything and do your best effort in the homework, study time, social life, etc, you will success.
My dream was when I was younger with my brother was coming to the United States and study here our College, I do not know how to express in words my reaction the day Saint Norbert College send a card and a e-mail to my family in Peru explaining that I have been accepted as a undergraduate student. Like many people say “Have a dream for every day you sleep” now my dream is become a professional and take my master here in America. Along this semester I meet wonderful people, I am really glad the professors of the different classes I took where very friendly, kind and help me with extra-credit and re-writings I can say that the small community of Saint Norbert College has help me more that I though.

Now that we are already in winter break although I will take a J-Term class and continue being busy I am really happy of being here in De Pere as an international student my first semester is a memory that is unforgettable.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful thoughts Renzo. I could relate to a lot of what you experience here since both of us are international students. Keep it up and never give up on your dreams.

    ReplyDelete